Monique is a litigator, leader, strategist, collaborator and guide. Along with obtaining results, the main objectives of her work are to ensure that her clients understand the processes and procedures they are engaging in, feel empowered and prepared to participate effectively, are advised of the risks, appreciate the potential results, and are ultimately content with the outcome.
Hailing originally from Ontario, Monique practiced as a litigator on national and international class actions for six years before being called to the Bar in British Columbia in 2012. Since that time her legal practice has focused in the area of personal injury and insurance defence litigation, which expertise she brought to Harris & Brun Law Corporation when she joined the firm in 2014.
Monique’s legal career has provided her with a skill set which straddles the litigation and corporate legal spheres and encompasses the interests of both individual and institutional plaintiffs and defendants. Not only has she litigated personal injury, worker, constitutional, administrative, public misrepresentation, and product liability issues at trial and appellate levels of court; she also has experience negotiating and drafting settlement, service, employment, franchise and lease agreements, developing and implementing policy initiatives, and project management.
The broad array of Monique’s legal experience provides her with the insight to anticipate strategies and tactically preempt the risks of litigation, while also understanding the bases of differing opinions in order to find grounds for compromise. With a conscientious and pragmatic work style, Monique will be an effective and thorough advocator of your interests.
Membership and Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2012 – present)
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada (2005 – 2016)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (2005 – present)
- Member, Medical Legal Society of British Columbia (2017)
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers (2013 – present)
- 2012 Called to the British Columbia Bar
- 2005 Called to the Ontario Bar
- 2004 Bachelor of Laws, University of Windsor
- 2003 International Exchange, University of Glasgow (School of Law)
- 2001 Honours Bachelor of Science (Zoology), Western University
Publications | Seminars
- Periodic Guest Speaker, “Ask the Experts” Radio Show, NewsTalk 1290 CJBK (2009)
- Co-Author, “Issues in Solicitor-Client Privilege”, M.A. Eizenga and M. Radlein, County of Carleton Law Association, 27th Civil Litigation Conference, November 2007, Montebello, QC (2007)
- President – The London Rowing Club, 2009-2010
- Volunteer – London Lawyers Feed the Hungry, 2009-2010
- Board Member – The London Rowing Club, 2007- 2009